The Zen Study: A Comparison Study of Synchronicity High-Tech Meditators With Zen Monk Meditators
Compared to those who utilize traditional, orthodox (low-tech) systems of meditation, Synchronicity meditators have been found to experience rapid and measurable changes in their states of consciousness. These results are based on studies comparing brainwave patterns of Synchronicity High-Tech Meditation® users with those produced by individuals using traditional meditation systems.
There are a number of documented cases based on groups of meditators using classical methods of meditation. A study of the Dalai Lama's attendants (roughly twenty monks), was conducted during the early seventies. More recently, Tomio Hirai reported on a study of forty Zen monks in the book “Zen Meditation and Psychotherapy”.
These studies represent the very best results that can be expected from classical meditative disciplines, as these individuals were totally immersed in the contemplative lifestyle. Even residents at the Synchronicity Sanctuary do not have the fully structured, meditative lifestyle of cloistered monks. Further, most participants in the Synchronicity Recognitions Program live everyday lives in cities, work normal jobs, and raise families ... not at all what one would define as a contemplative lifestyle.
The results of the two studies of classical meditators revealed that:
- Beginners with five years or less meditative experience consistently produced mid- to high-frequency alpha waves (10 to 12 Hz.).
- Moderately experienced meditators (ten to twenty years' experience) produced low frequency alpha (7 to 9 Hz.).
- Very experienced meditators (twenty to forty years' experience) consistently produced theta frequencies in the 5 to 6 Hz. range. An interesting aside is that the experimenters made no mention of Delta (0.5 to 3.5 Hz.), long considered to be the most notable sign of an expanded state typical of enlightening beings.
Research on participants in the Synchronicity Recognitions Program showed the following:
- Most Recognitions beginners produced Alpha brain waves at 11 or 12 Hz, consistent with patterns demonstrated by novice Buddhist monks.
- More experienced Recognitions meditators experienced shifts in their Alpha brainwave patterns, the peaks becoming lower in frequency, larger in amplitude, and more persistent in time.
- With even more experience, Recognitions meditators experienced more Theta and developed Delta. Right/left symmetry improved, reflecting the bliss as well as the "clearing" often experienced by meditators, a measure of the equilibration experienced at the time of the measurement.
The following Brain Monitor graphs are typical of our findings. These include both residents of the Synchronicity Sanctuary and non-resident participants in The Recognitions Program. None has more than seven years experience with Synchronicity High-Tech Meditation®, yet they continually demonstrate brainwave patterns consistent with advanced meditators (twenty years' or more experience) in the Buddhist monk studies. Thus, they empirically validate the fact that Synchronicity High-Tech Meditation® represents a four-fold acceleration factor over classical methods of meditation.
Enjoy our FREE 15-Minute High-Tech Meditation Soundtrack.
You'll also receive a series of emails with guidance and information